Heart rate

Everytime I go to the doc it takes forever to find hr I hear mines more over babies and I'm almost 18 weeks is this normal ?? Don't remember much since my last baby was birthed 8 years ago
If your over weight that can play a big role. Maybe your dr isnt very experienced?  Im deffinately not a skinny person but my dr has always been able to pick up a strong heart beat immediately
I think it can also depend on the position of your baby and the placenta (my placenta is anterior so at the front of my belly). Earlier on it took my Dr a little bit longer to find. As long as your Dr eventually finds it and they're not concerned you should probably try not to worry as well :)
Thanks ladies I'm actually 6 foot and 180 lol I feel insecure but don't feel that huge so I hope it's not weight lol but I appreciate the answers it makes it a bit easier