Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Heavy bleeding during pregnancy

Okay--I am a bit freaked out. My husband and I had been trying for 18 months to get pregnant, and as we were going in for a laporoscopy, we found out we were pregnant. I am 7 weeks (but measuring 6W2D). I have had bleeding and spotting the WHOLE TIME. I have had 2 ER trips with clots the size of golf balls--anyway--they found the following: a polyp on my cervix, and a sub chorionic bleed in my uterus. The baby is measuring fine ( my levels were 22,000 on Sat.), and the heartbeat was 119. Has ANYONE experienced both of these things??

ALSO--to those new mom's out there experiencing the true scare of bleeding, there was an explanation for me (two in fact). BUT, I had to keep asking questions.
That's good to hear that they can tell you the reasons for your bleeding. My Dr didn't offer any reasons when I spotted for a few days, she just said that is can be normal and not to worry unless it was bright red and a lot.

I wish they would try a little harder to pinpoint the reason---it would make us feel a lot better that just telling us "It can be normal".
Everyone feels better when they know the reason why. The sight of blood is very unnerving during a pregnancy, and I think they should be more accomadating in figuring out the reasons WHY it happened.
I am experincing that right now alot of dark blood almost like a period, It has been going on for 4 days now, Seen 3 doctors and none have any awnswers for me, I am Pg with twins 7 weeks now they seen there heart beats on monday.sometimes the blood seems to have a redness to it but alot of dark brown it just keeps comming and no one has any awnswers this was my last IVF try hopen I am not losing the babies. I don't have any cramps yet I guess that is good. Best of luck to you.
Bonn I am also due Sept 9th and my babies measured 6w5d and 6w3d
I had a subchorionic hemorrhage around my 14th week...lots of bleeding, cramping and passed a clot. But I had been bleeding and spotting since about week 5 and I don't know if the subchorionic hemorrhage caused all the bleeding/spotting or not. It all stopped exactly at 18weeks(thank God)and I'm now at 21weeks2days. Everything seems to be going good now, heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday and feel it moving everyday, still have 2 weeks to wait for next u/s, and praying that goes well. So, just try not to stress or panic(easier said than done), maybe your bleeding will stop like mine did. Take care, you're in my prayers!
I am 6 weeks pregnant on my 4th pregnancy having two miscarriages then having my healthy daughter, I am terrified that I am going to miscarry again.  I have started bleeding heavy with camps but no clots, when I went to the ER they just gave me a pelvic exam and told me to wait it out.  Has anyone esle had this happen and if so what do you suggest.
In 2006 I ha gone to the ER when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. after blood test and ultrasound I was sent home and told that I had a misscarriage. Days passed and deep in my heart I felt that I was still pregant. I wen to a different hospital and the first thing I saw on the ultrasound was the HEART BEAT of a perfect litte boy who is now 2 years old.

I just found out over the weekend that I was pregnant again and went to the emergency room for bleeding and cramping and I was told again that base on my test and ultrasound I had a misscarriage. This time is bit different because theres alot of bleeding and cramping. BUT I am having a hard time believing what I was told because of the past experience. I have few blood tests scheduled for the next few days. I want to have hopes but I'm afraid of disapointment. I just needed to write this down. I'm having a very hard time dealing with it
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.