High blood pressure

Anyone dealing with high blood pressure? They say to relax to lower it but how can you not worry about it? Any tips?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yea I was but thankfully its under control now. Stress can elevate it. Therefore, try to minimize stress, sodium and fatty food. Also, chamomile tea helped me and soaking my feet in Epson salt. I would soak them for 25 minutes then elevate them. Try to stay as relaxed and stress free as possible. Gluck and hope you get better.
Helpful - 0
Yes I have preeclampsia, been hospitalized twice so far, and it's getting bad again... I am on meds 3x a day. I am 28 weeks 1day.
Don't really have much advice, but take it easy, rest as much as you can. And yes stress makes you worse, but not stressing is easier said than done. Also eat dark chocolate when it goes up, the magnesium in it helps to lower it.
Have you been to your Dr regarding it? How far along are you?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.