Hot dogs...

So I read we should not eat hotdogs.  But I really want one...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I ate them with all pregnancies, even this one. They are ok as long as you cook them enough. If you go out for one ask them to confirm the temp of it before u take it and make it to your liking.
Helpful - 0
Cool thanks. I knew there had to be a way around it
Helpful - 0
I ate and craved corn dogs with my second child and with this one if I do eat a hot dog I make sure it is cooked extra well
Helpful - 0
Im eating a corndog right now :-)
Helpful - 0
I think you'll be OK I mean our parents did a lot of stuff they now recommend we shouldn't like the whole hot dog thing and look at all of us we turned out awesome lol.
Helpful - 0
Lol... I just finished taking a bite of a corn dog.  I couldn't eat for weeks so now I feel I should be able to eat whatever I want even if it is just small bites.
Helpful - 0
You should be fine. I'm always eating a chili cheese dog
Helpful - 0
Since I got pregnant I've eat over 10 hotdogs... I think this is why my baby weighs 2 pounds already and I'm only 23w 3d...
Helpful - 0
If you want to be safe, make them at home and boil them until they start to split. You'll probably be okay even if you eat out, as long as you're buying from a chain and not a cart (which they have in American movies, so I assume they're common).
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies. I dont even eat chilli cheese dogs and I want one now lol.  What about pizza and heartburn? What if I get less sauce on it?
Helpful - 0
I actually didn't know we aren't supposed to eat hot dogs o.o I cooked them according to the instructions on the package though, so maybe I was doing fine.
Kprince, pizza has been fine for me. I'm 2 days overdue and through most of my pregnancy I've used cheese pizza as a tummy settler. Red Baron though, not restaurant made. I also take Zantac 150 twice a day, so if you're not on tummy medicine it might unsettle you. I push some of the sauce out of my pizza slices before I eat them just in case.
Helpful - 0
The cheap hot dogs you get in the grocery store are already cooked - it's not necessary to cook them further or even heat them up if you don't want.  It's the nitrates in them that preserve them that make them bad for you.

You can buy more expensive,  uncooked turkey dogs with no preservatives in them and they're fine and healthy to eat.  But you DO have to cook them.

Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone.  I feel like I forgot everything from my 1st pregnancy. ..in my defense it was almost 5 years ago.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.