How to lose weight after birth??

Isit true that breastfeeding helps one to lose weight quicker?,, Im not a gym fanatic and ive gained so much,what had worked for you guys before that you can perhaps share with new moms...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Breast feeding burns roughly 500cal a day, but that doesn't mean you'll lose weight. Your diet is very important first off. Then regular exercise of course.it takes work for most!
Helpful - 0
I think it does for sum but not others! My best friend is still feeding her 1 yr old & it hasn't helped her loose any weight! But 3 of my other friends & my cousin all lost all their baby weight & more!  Try ro keep active by walking its the best thing & u can do it now & keep it up once baba is born & its free lol its hard not to eat rubbish tho wen pregnant :-( ive got such an apetite atm!
Helpful - 0
Yes breastfeeding can help you lose weight. However eating right is a huge factor. Go on walks too. Little exercise is better than no exercise.
Helpful - 0
Yeah it does help. While your pregnant just don't over eat as well. I may not be able to breast feed as I had a breast reduction so I have to see.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.