Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Labor

Im a ftm and im just wondering is labor that bad naturally?
I had to be induced with pitocin to get me to dialate so it wasn't natural. But I had no pain medications so I was in a ton of pain. Totally worth it to me. You can get up and shower right away and it mostly disappears right after. I didn't want a needle in my back.... that freaked me out more then birth
With my 1st I did natural, 2nd I had to be induced. I would definitely take natural over being induced any day. Natural wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Preparation is key.  Know that strong contractions hurt and will only get stronger the closer you get to the end.  Have relaxation techniques that you've been practicing for at least a month.   Good books on the subject help too.  I rec hypnobirthing and birthing without fear.   Recovery and infant safety were much better with my all natural birth than with my first with an epidural and then they started pitocin since labor stalled.  Almost lost my son.
Thanks a lot ladies, and wow i didnt know natural was less painful afterwards than with meds
Natural birth is the way to go! I had to have my labor started with pitocen, hoping I don't this time! My birth story is on my profile under journals!
Natural all the way. My first I was induced and it was awful for me. Much more intense than letting things happen naturally. Remember to breathe through each contraction and keep your shoulders relaxed. Keep moving helps aswell. Gravity takes over. I hope for a natural birth this time round. Just with abit of gas and air. Its mega painful but just remember it doesnt last forever. All the best x
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.