Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Labor??

So I am about 37 1/2 weeks, however the past few appointments the Dr has measured the baby to be about 2-2 1/2 weeks larger. Last week he said I was not dilated and my cervix was not thinning, it also didn't appear that the baby had dropped yet. He said I could start taking epo and so I have been for the past week. Today, about 3 hours ago I started having severe pressure down low (mainly my butt, like I have to go to the bathroom but can't)...the intensity comes and goes, when its real bad I can't do anything (walk, sit, lay down, etc...) and all I want to do is cry. In between the really bad times I have some lower cramping that is more like sharp stabbing pain. I have called my Dr and am waiting to hear back from them. I am wondering if anyone else has felt like this and it turned out to be labor or something else. I didn't think I could go from being nothing to ready to deliver that quickly, but I guess anything is possible.
It could be pre labour also :) anything before 3cm dilated was considered pre Labour by my midwives with my first. I had pre Labour from 10am to midnight when my waters broke then it became actual Labour & she was born at 4.15. Good luck! Hope its a safe & joyous arrival for you & bubba
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.