Leg cramps

This pregnancy isn't my first rodeo, this one is my 4th but never before have I suffered with leg cramps. They wake me at night, my legs ache all day, I have cramps literally whenever they feel like it. I'm nearly 32 wks anyone else suffered with these. They're getting annoying.
I'm 36 weeks with my 4th child also. Never have I experienced leg cramps like I do now. They keep me up all night long. I usually get out of bed in the middle of the night to take a shower. I sit in the bottom of the shower and let the hot water beat down on them. After that I can usually get another hour of 2 or sleep. My dr. said to drink more Gatorade. Idk if it helps or not but I keep drinking it so it won't get worse
If it's really bad I take a benadryl to help knock me out but then I'm all groggy the next day
I am 23, almost 24 weeks and the leg cramps just started a couple nights ago.  ***** big time.  I feel like any time I move to roll over, I get a cramp.
I had them throughout my first pregnancy. They just started at 21 weeks with my 2ND. I'm trying to stay hydrated to help and walk. Nothing working so far....
I take a calcium, magnesium and vitamin D supplement in addition to the prenatal vitamin and no more leg cramping plus it's good for baby too. Calcium is used in muscle contractions. Might help you.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Thanks all, another night of cramps :( but i'll talk to my doctor before taking extra vitamins, but its ok I see him this week, im guessing Gatorade is like Lucazade, hmmmm I don't think  could drink more than a few sips of that stuff. Maybe I can find something else. :)
I get them too. Like Charlie horses in the middle of the night. I walk it off and attempt to go to sleep. Tylenol has for sure helped me along with the thermacare heat pads.
Magnesium oil rubbed onto the skin helps with cramps and aches generally. Maybe its something you can try?
My doctor actually told me to take the extra vitamins. The quantities in prenatal vitamins are so small they are basically bare bones minimum. And depending on your diet too. So it certainly wouldn't hurt to see what your doctor recommends. Good luck.
26 weeks also with my 4th
I had them bad with my first, I used heat pads on my leg and ate extra bananas. Also ask done one to give you a good massage were is cramps, keeping the muscle loose helped me lots

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.