Losing baby weight

Yes I haven't given birth yet (due in 2 days - woohoo) , but any mommas out there who know any decent ways to lose baby weight after baby has been born?

For the first 6 weeks I know I won't really be doing very much except my usual daily  4 mile walk with the dog (and the pram), and I'll also be breastfeeding.   But I do wanna lose my baby weight and a little bit extra as well.   I don't need to worry about going back to work until May 2014 so I have plenty time to lose it in, so I won't be doing any faddy diets or that x
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I generally eat quite healthily since I fell pregnant so hoping I can keep it up once baby is born. A friend suggested I wear ankle weights during those first 6 weeks when I'm walking so I think I may try that, and start back swimming once I stop bleeding. I dont wanna lose it all at once then pile it back on. Id rather do it slowly and properly and have it stay off x
Helpful - 0
You are on the right track. You will need to maintain a healthy diet since you will be breastfeeding. Look into doing some light weight training once your doctor releases you. Not only will you tone up but muscle burns more calories than fat does. Be sure to stay hydrated and consume all the calories needed to supply baby. Congrats and keep us updated. :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.