Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Mucus with leukorrhea

I am 19 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I have had a cold for a few days now with some pretty hard coughing.  I have some sore abdominal muscles but seem to be on the mend (I hope!).  After coughing at times, I have had some small amounts of stringy mucus (sometimes like egg whites).  Tonight, I had a very small clump in my underwear, tinged slight yellow.  Can coughing cause preterm labor or dislodge the mucus plug?  I have had three children, all full-term, no problems with preterm labor.  I think that I have had this mucus mixed with leukorrhea much of the pregnancy but can't remember!  Could it be just the increased mucus production (like in my sinuses too)?  I called my doc yesterday (this was before the clump in my underwear), and he didn't seem worried.  They said as long as it wasn't red or pink.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.