Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

My Sister in law is making me worried about my pregnancy with her comments

If you laides haven't seen my other post, i have been pretty worried . Im 16 weeks pregnant and not showing. Nothing at all. I had my ob apt on Monday. Didn't do ultrasound just heard hb. It took the dr a while to find. But baby was very low. Near my hair line. This is my second baby btw. With a 8 year gap. Anyways my SIL has been making comments to me. That i should be showing already and maybe the baby isn't growing right. After that comment i drove home in tears . Worried. Well last night we went over to my DH dad's for dinner. She was there. She asked about my Dr apt. She then said that i need to ca the dr Monday and demand a ultrasound because i look like im not carrying anything. She then said that if he won't do it go to the ER because something is wrong. I told her to stop making comments because its scaring me. She then said she's sorry but she has a bad feeling. I have been so upset all night. I could barley sleep due to what she said and now im worried something is wrong with baby. My DH said he will talk to her but then said she is just concerned. I guess this isn't a question. Just a rant because i don't have anyone to talk to really. My friends can't even beilive im 16 weeks. That look at me like im crazy. I hate it.  I haven't had a ultrasound since 12 weeks. I go June 1st for it. I just pray baby is growing right.
I'm  18 weeks and barely  showing.  This is my fourth pregnancy and I've hag 2 previous miscarriages.
I am pregnant with my 6th and currently 17 weeks pregnant and dont look like i am still our time will come and we will have a neat lil bump and a happy lil baby
Some peple doesn't show untill very very late, so no worries there. You went to the Dr and listen to the heart beat and everything was fine so you are good. Your SIL shouldn't break you down with her worrying feelings, that's not nice of her. The mother nows best when and if something is wrong. But since your SIL is so persistent, try not to "search" your body for any wrong signs. Sounds to me that you don't have any problem besides her. Wish you the best!
@Holly880 Tell your SIL to back off, EVERYONE carries there pregnancy differently just because you are pregnant doesn't not mean you should blow up now being so early in your pregnancy, trust me you are fine & lil one is fine, i am currently 28 weeks & did not start showing untill around 20+weeks, I have only gained 10 pounds so far but my doctor is not worried because of my body type she wants me to gain slow and steady, that way I can reduce stretch marks & unnecessary weight gain which can make delivery & post recovery harder, you need to tell her thank you for your concern but your comments can be kept to yourself, don't stress yourself out you never know maybe she's jealous maybe not but don't worry you can msg me if you need to talk more ok hun have wonderful pregnancy enjoy it FYI im a second time mom too 5yr gap in between
I have had a huge baby bump from the get go. That being said, I am very angry at your SIL! How could any woman at that to a pregnant woman? Everyone carries differently, and every baby sit differently. I have seen plenty of women on this app say that they didn't start showing until well into their second trimester. Do not worry! 16 weeks is still early in your second tri, and you will likely be extremely blessed to bounce right back from this pregnancy afterwards! If your doctor does not see any problems, then don't you let some totally inconsiderate, rude, and obviously jealous woman Worry you one bit!

You enjoy your pregnancy, be thankful for your incredible baby-carrying genes, and screw her! :) good luck mama!
I'm 24 weeks and just now do people notice I'm pregnant! I wasn't showing at all at 16 weeks. You are fine. Tell your SIL to shove it!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.