Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Not a question but I need to let it out...

Tht s whole entire pregnancy I've noticed that my family just doesn't seem to be interested to hear how I'm doing, with the exception of my grandmother. If I don't call them I get no phone calls from any of my family. This has been bugging me ever since I told them that we're expecting again. Both my husband and I were talking about it and it feels like we're the black sheep of the family because we live in another state. But shouldn't that be more of a reason to keep in contact with us? Even on special occasions they don't call! It feels like they're treating my older sister differently...my older sister who hid her first pregnancy from our dad for 2 years, lost her chance to go back to school because of the 2nd, and completely hid the 3rd pregnancy from our family but told her bf's side of the family...we were only told when she was in labor. It feels like she's the golden child and I'm not because I decided I didn't want to do what I went to school for anymore. They've always made me feel this way even when I'm around them. They don't see that my husband and I have our s**t together and can afford more than one kid when my sister and her bf just moved back in with his parents because they couldn't afford their apartment because he doesn't have a stable job and she's the only one making good $$$ for their family. I don't know how to fight this war anymore.  I'm beginning to think that it's a war that I will never win. I just hate it when my own 6-year-old asks me why they favor her kids more and hearing them say that her kids are their favorite.
I would honestly not even update them with information any more, if they don't care to know then why bother? Sometimes you just need to let go and if and when they start caring they will call you and probably wonder why you haven't contacted them.

Or can just speak up and let them know exactly how you feel and ask why they treat you like this.
I agree I wouldn't update then anymore on anything. Including when you have the baby. Which I agree isn't fair to you and you want to share your excitement with them but they obviously don't care about you guys. As for your daughter that is a tough one. She is at the age she can tell she is being treated different and all you can do is show her your love and affection. Hopefully they come around eventually but it's their own choice to miss out on your growing family and their grand kids.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.