Only 8 weeks and I have NO energy, when will this end?

This is my second pregnancy, it's been 14 years and I don't remember being this tired before, all I want to do is lay in the bed. How can I boost my energy? I use to drink coffee, but stopped once I found out I was pregnant.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Mmm almonds, yes, I also need to use my nutribullet!
Helpful - 0
It gets better after first trimester I remember my first pregnant omg so tired this time I'm pregnant with my second and I'm not tired  
Helpful - 0
Work out, almonds, smoothies. I didnt get mine back till 2nd trimester
Helpful - 0
Thanks! I definitely should start working out again.
Helpful - 0
I don't remember my first pregnancy being this tired either but my husband says I am exactly the same...I think its because we forget some of the negative cuz we get such an amazing outcome its all worth it.  That's my theory lol cuz I swear my morning sickness wasn't this bad before but my husband says otherwise...
Helpful - 0
Now i didn't do this because my energy has been zapped since day one and probably won't be back until my twins are one years old ( I'm 22 weeks tomorrow) but I've read that if you work out it will give you a boost of energy.  I pretty much work full time come home and sleep till the next day,  get up showered and dress and do it all over again
Helpful - 0
Second trimester i had all of my energy back. Im 38 weeks now and i probably started to notice my decrease in energy come back in the last month or so! Second trimester you get a break from most of the less than amazing symptoms :)
Helpful - 0
It doesn't.   Every now and again I'll get a spurt of energy and I'm 37 weeks.  I just took a 2 hour nap.   You can have a cup of coffee a day if it'll help but trying to rest when you can.
Helpful - 0
Does anyone have suggestions?? Looks like no?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.