Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Painless intense contractions for 24 hours 38 wks

I have been having painless but intense contractions for over 24 hours now... Every 20 minutes, they don't go away when I walk, sit, lie.... But they aren't getting any stronger unless I go for a Long walk, they intensify. I am putting it down to braxton hicks.has anyone else had this and it been the start of labour?
I haven't lost my mucus plug yet and I haven't been checked to see where my cervix is at yet, so no idea if it is dilated etc.  
I didn't have that with my first. They would always die down. You might be in labor just not active labor yet. 38 weeks is considered full term so if you try walking around more they might just intensify to full blown labor!
If you want them to calm down try taking a warm bath and relaxing. But honestly I think you may be ready to go your body is just building up to it.
They have progressed to every 8-10 minutes. Still no pain..
I was induced early with my first so I don't really know what natural labour feels like. These ones are Very mild contractions that last for 45 seconds but my stomach gets very tight.
Natural contractions are not as painful as when you are induced. They build as labor progresses.
This is how mine have been on & off for about two week's. Also was induced, so don't know what to expect. I did dilate to a 2.
If you walk and they stop it's Braxton hicks but if it intensify then it's actually labour. A warm bath at this stage of pregnancy can put you into full blown labour but early pregnancy it will help settle them lol I know crazy. Sounds like you're in early stage labour. Some women will not lose there mucus plug until right before delivery. I know with my first I had contractions the day before 8-10 mins apart but tolerable then the following morning I woke my husband up at 4 got to the hospital for 5:05 and my water broke at 7:10a.m. and had my lo at 12:19p.m. lol I had a fast labour and delivery lol
Ooops I missed read a part.....it does sound the on start of early labour
Well I walked and it got more intense, but over night fizzled out. I went for another walk this morning and they are back again every 8 minutes and also what I would call mild as there is no pain.
I am at my weekly dr's apt now anyway so I will ask the Dr. I think it was very annoying braxton hicks :(
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.