Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Stretch and sweep

I know all women are different, but was just wondering from anyone's personal experience whether it works or not? If so how long before it took effect?
I'm having one tomorrow and I'll be 40+1 and just need something to look forward to.
My first stretch and sweep at 40+2 failed and then my second sweep at 41 weeks worked and put me into slow labour that night. Fingers crossed it works for you xx
In my last pregnancy i started getting swept at 37 weeks.... my little one was born 4 days overdue after being induced.
With 3 out of my 4 babies I had it done at 38 wks. First worked by that night, second took 24 hrs, third took 48 hrs. On my second sweep, 3rd baby, he was born in the sack it was very cool but a dry birth and it hurt.
Is a stretch and sweep the same as a membrane sweep? Sorry I'm ftm.
I had mine yesterday, noting to show for it lol. You?
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.