Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Stretch and sweep

Hi guys, I am booked in for a stretch and sweep at 38 weeks next week. Dr's are trying to get my labour moving before inducing due to small baby. Has anyone had any luck with a stretch and sweet at 38 weeks and if so, we're you already dilated before the SnS. Has anyone had one when their cervix was hard and not dilated? If so, was it painful and did it work?
You have to be dilated for them to do the sweep. They have to be able to get a finger into your cervix.
Your cervix has to be soft enough for Dr to insert a finger,if your already dilating it doesn't hurt as much in my opinion but its just uncomfortable eighter way,not extremely painful. Some drs only do it if u are dilated-I've heard-but both drs I've had w all 3 of my pregnacys have done it as long as cervix is soft
Did it work for you? How far along were you?
I have no idea if my cervix is soft or hard, I'm just curious as I was induce at 37 weeks my first pregnancy and I was closed shut for 3 days, so I am just assuming the worst with this one.
I had a stretch and sweep at 39 weeks and 40 weeks went into labour 40 weeks +4 days so it may or may not of sped things up . Was uncomfortable mostly because my cervix was so far back.
Can you request to get get a membrane sweep?
I'm not sure if you can request one or not. I have had a few issues with my pregnancy and had a horrible induction with my first pregnancy. So to try and reduce this happening, the dr's want to try a stretch and sweep first.  
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.