Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Sudafed during pregnancy

Hey guys. So i am currently 33 weeks pregnant. Have been down with a serious cold, sneezing, congestion, fever, headache, weakness. Is sudafed okay to take to relieve these symptoms?
I do not think so as a pregnant woman,but you know this is something you should be asking your Ob. Don't take suggestions on a matter as important as this, I wouldnt. I would want to be by the book as much as possible. If they tell us Tylenol is all we can take as a pain releiver then def ask your Dr.I hope they can give you something for the discomfort.
I wouldn't take medicine. Hot lemon water, and sit in bathroom for 5-10 min a time with the steam from shower
Definitely asked your doctor but I was told nothing other than Tylenol and Tylenol cold- I've had good luck with honey and lemon to help with a cough and sore throats.... good luck
I was told absolutely no Sudafed by my doctors. But that is me. Always call your doctor before taking anything
Call your doctor cause I was able to take sudafed pe.
Your OB is the one to ask. You can only take plain, basic Sudafed while pregnant if you don't have blood pressure issues, as it's a decongestant and it can cause it to elevate. Don't take my advice though, you should call your OB Dr's office and ask the nurse. They will check with your Dr and call you back with what is safe for your situation.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.