The feels..

I am 19 wks along and i have no emotions towards this baby or this pregnancy...
Is this normal? ?
Im worried that when i have the baby i wont feel anything towards it..
What if i resent the baby??
Shouldn't i be excited or falling in love with the idea of being a mum??
Well i think its normal i mean every pregnant girl aint the same i think youll start getting attached at around 25 weeks or so when your babies kicks are more stronger...is this your 1st pregnancy ?
Yes it's my first
Have you had an ultrasound yet? Sometimes it takes actually seeing the baby to get the feeling. And if you don't get the feeling don't worry. You will as soon as you hold that baby for the first time and see the perfect little life you created
Well maybe thats why maybe deep inside youre scared about being pregnant and you dont realize or do you maybe have alot going on in your life right now ? Maybe that can be the reason why u havent had a chance to get really excited about being pregnant...
Try to get more involved with pregnancy like read about your baby do those myths about gender reveal which ofcourse are juet 50% correct but its fun to start wondering what youre gonna have and stuff(:
I have my ultrasound on Friday.
And yes i am ******** myself. . That about the only thing i do feel. .
My life is being turned up side down. .
My partner left me when i told him i was pregnant. .
I was thinking that maybe that put a downer on it. .
I was feeling the same way with my daughter! Which is my first. Then at age 18.. I was scared, was not IN a place in my life nor stable enough to take care of a child.  I felt nothing the wrong pregnancy.  Didn't even go through the nesting stage. Once I gave birth. I held my baby, and broke down!! Nothing can explain that feeling.  But what your feeling is normal.  Stress, life, the father walking out. And now being a mother, all of this is overwhelming.  Just know that in every dark there is light. There is no perfect parent out there,  just do everything you can Do. And the rest will fall into it's own place. At first, for my self I was homeless,  on drugs, me and my husband "at that time idk what we were" not even together a year after dating  .  But now, we are married,  have 2 children  and one on the way. Things will get better
Thank you everyone for your comments i don't feel so alone now x
Pray about it. It's normal to be scared but as the other wonderful ladies said... when you get farther along you will start to have emotions toward the baby. I have a 6 year old, a 2 year old and 12 weeks pregnant... I'm sometime skeptical of having another baby but I know that all will be fine. Or at least I pray it will lol. Everything will be just fine hunny. Keep your head up
My first child was adopted, my husband passed away. My second child's father walked out after I told him I was pregnant. I'm now pregnant with babies 3 & 4 (twins). With baby #2, learning that I was going to do it alone was scary, I cried all the time thinking I'm in no place to have a baby. I even started looking into putting her up for adoption. It took me until about the 7th month to fully accept the fact that I loved the alien moving inside me. When I was in labor, I asked the nurse (because she was the only one in the room with me) why anyone would ever want to do this? Once I held my princess, everything else in the world disappeared, and the only feeling I felt was devotion. Hang in there momma, the feelings will come. I'm 21 weeks along now, and I find myself in the same boat, not feeling either way about the pregnancy. I've tried baby shopping, and boyfriend is constantly rubbing my belly and coddling me, but I still feel nothing. When the time comes and emotions come, it's simply amazing!

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.