I had an emergency section with my first. I was not given the choice to try any other way with my other three. On to my fifth c-section as a high risk pregnancy in December.
IF I would have been allowed to try a VBAC after my first i absolutely would have. The more sections the higher the risks of subsequent pregnancys. Best of luck either way you choose.
I also had a emergency csection with my 1st&I got the OK for a vbac,but I decided to just go with another csection.
Thank you, for the kind word of advice. Why would you have gone with the VBAC, janerae? Tabbykatt, why did you decide to go with the c section over VBAC?
I decided because I don't want to wait &wait like last time.then have to have a csection anyways. there is always a chance of rupture, Or a chance my scar opening up on vbac.its very slight chance. I already knows what it feels like,but if he wants to come early he will!!
I have had two successful vbacs. If you research, you will discover that vbacs and repeat c-sections have the same risk percentages. I am so glad I researched and decided to try vbac. Best experience ever!
Same here, two very successful vbacs after 1st c-section. The best ever!! :-) I was mobile and active before I left the hospital unlike c-sec. Since you already know what to expect with either outcome, why not at least give yourself the chance at a vbac? Just food for thought. Good luck.
I knew i wanted a big family. I know that each c section poses a slightly higher risk than the last. The ability to feel more normal sooner especially when you have older children to chase would be welcome. I am high risk. One of the contributing factors is the number of c sections i have had.
I had a very similar experience as you my 1st time around... Overdue and failed induction. The second time around I wanted a vbac but again my body just would not start labor on it's own. I know you're getting close and anxious to know what your plan is but if you can, wait and see what your body will do. If you go into labor on your own try for the vbac but if labor doesn't start in a reasonable time a c section is obviously what best for you and baby.