Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Tubal Ligation and possible pregnancy help!!!!

Hi, I am a 30 yr old mother of 3 who had a postpartum tubal ligation in march of 2011 after the csection for my last child. All was going ok at first other than being on the ortho evra patch for keeping my periods light. In December of 2012 I started spotting so my doctor told me to stop the patch that I must be starting to become immune to it. All seemed ok after that till Aprill 22 2013 when my periods stopped altogther. I started having pregnancy symptoms as well. The only thing was there was no positive test, I had one very faint positive line but that never showed up on the other 8 I took. The doctor did a urine and blood and it came back negative it was a 4??? anyway she still was worried for tubal pregnancy so I went for an ultrasound. Turns out I have a thickened uterus. Still sent me to a obgyn who did a bunch of tests to make sure no early menopause (perfectly healthy) and did a biopsy for cancer (not back yet). He also prescribed pills to make me have a period but I don't feel right taking them. Something is saying wait a week or so more. So today I started with brown mucus discharge when I wiped (just a tiny bit) it's stopping now (sorry tmi). I don't know what to do. I have been pregnant 4 times (first was twins and one sac collapsed and lost it at 4 months). First pregnancy I got pregnant on the pill, second on the depo shot. All doctors say Im very fertile. I had a tubal ligation not knowing the cons of having it. My husband regrets letting me do it because of what I'm going through. Thank god for my extremely supportive family but I'm scared because i feel like no doctor is listening. I know post tubal viable pregnancy isn't normal but my body isn't normal and just wants to get pregnant. Looking for answers on what i should do, do I trust my body and not take the pills and see or do I take the pills as prescribed and possibly loose a pregnancy??? If I don't take the pills I don't know how to explain this to my OB he's going to think I'm nuts.Looking for any advise I can get. Thanks!!!!!
Praying for u. Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted
Wow. Such a tough situation. I can't possibly give you advice because I am not a doctor. But, I have had many pregnancy related issues in the past and multiple miscarriages. I have found it more beneficial to listen to my body and what your gut is telling you. If it were me, I would wait another couple of days to see what happens. Like I said, I have no medical degree, but our bodies have an amazing way of telling us what to do and handling a lot of situations without medical intervention.
Thankyou, I was thinking the same thing. Just to set my mind at ease I took a pregnancy test when I woke up. And of course it didn't function properly and I didn't get any answers. Maybe its a sign to wait a few more days. I'm on 98 days since my last period. So I guess I wait n see.
Update: Because that test didn't work I worried myself enough not to wait till tmrw. The new test said it's POSITIVE!!! I'm freaking out now, What I have been feeling is true. Now just to wait one more day to talk to my obgyn. Let's hope its not a tubal pregnancy...waiting scared
Wow! Praying for you!
Good for you for listening to your body and not letting the Dr. force you into anything. That is something that most people don't do.  They think that just because they are Dr.'s they know what is best when a lot of times I feel that we need to trust ourselves because we have a better sense of what it going on. I hope you get everything figured out and that everything goes well for you.  Again I applaud you for following your gut feeling! Oh and congrats!
Thanks everyone, I do think I'm pregnant forsure now as I did another test and it was also positive. Of course my main concern is where is this baby..I go on Friday morning to see him. His nurse talked to me today and freaked out and asked if I took any of the pills to start my period and I said no. She said thank god because it would have ended things. So the waiting continues and the sickness begins. Praying for a safe and healthy baby!!
Aww well congrats!! Hope all is well. Def let ud knoe how ur apt goes!!
I'm ready for Friday to find out how things are going for you. Really hoping and praying that all is well!
Let us what happened!!
My mom got pregnant with me after a tubal ligation. No one believed her, and she was put on antidepressants. Those made her psychotic so my dad had her taken off them and someone finally let her take a test. So good on you for trusting your instincts.
Hi everyone, obgyn was shocked so much he was laughing because he doesn't know how this happened (he's not the one that did my tubal). He sent me for bloodwork which will come back Tuesday. So I see him Tuesday afternoon. He tried to assure me I will be ok and so will the baby. I am still scared for a tubal pregnancy but I'm trying to stay positive. My husband is more worried than me I think. So the waiting continues. I've been reading up on pregnancy after tubal and there's a lot if ppl that have normal pregnancy after. I just hope I'm one of them. Even though I stupidly made the choice 2 years ago to have the ligation. I want this baby and I want it to be healthy and in my uterus. I appreciate the well wishes. I will keep posting updates and hope everyone else on here is doing well!!:)
Wow#! Im shocked with your story. im planing on a tubal ligation after this pregnancy but I guess God always has his ways
They didn't do an ultrasound right away!?
No, he didn't do an ultrasound. I was surprised but he wanted a blood test first. I think its because I am not having any pain, but I can't be sure. So Tuesday I find out. Honestly, I would have never done this tubal ligation if I knew all the problems. My husband wished he would have got a vasectomy instead. If your considering a tubal ligation please do a lot if research. So many women have problems after. PTLS is a common problem and completely horrible. The failure rate of a tubal is higher than the pill or shot. So I wish you luck with your decision.
I am praying.
Wow!  How incredible and what a miracle!!  Congrats to you and your family!!  Please keep us updated!!!  I am due w/ my 8th baby in 3 weeks :)  Anyway, how totally and completely exciting!!!
Thanks everyone, I want to be excited but there's a large part of me that is very scared. Michelle: that is very exciting I wish you much luck for a speedy and safe delivery :-)
Going to the docs this afternoon, hoping my levels will be high. Don't think I can handle bad news :(
Howd dr go today?
I have been thinking about you!!, hope all went well today!!
Hope all went good for you today
Thanks everyone, sorry been a busy night with my kids sports. I went and he got the results and it was 4! So he said technically not pregnant but then went on to say he isn't happy with that answer and wants to run more tests. Wants me to go next week for another blood test to see if my hcg levels have risen and is also sending me for an ultrasound at a different hospital to get a fresh pair of eyes looking at me. I'm soooo confused, 5 home tests say positive! Different ones too and expensive ones, cheap ones all with the sane answer. I questioned him like crazy, at first I thought maybe a miscarriage but he said no because he would have seen it in the blood test. I asked if maybe my last ultrasound I was pregnant and they didn't see because it was too early and that's why my uterus had thickened. He said that is a possibility but the low hcg is is making it hard for him to think that. I've been crying off and on since I heard this. My husband is upset as well. I don't know what to think anymore. I told the doc there is no way I'm taking provera to make myself have a period. I have never missed a period in my life unless I was pregnant. I haven't had one since April 22. My stomach is getting bigger/ firm, occasional nausea, hot flashes, headaches, occasional light cramping, flutters, I'm weepy, breast larger, veins on cheast,  getting acne (never had since I was pregnant last). I told him I know I sound nuts but I'm not trying to make myself think I'm pregnant. My husband was in there when I took the tests!!! Surprisingly he believes me and said he will do everything to prove what I'm feeling is true. I just hate waiting. Thinking I might start prenatal vitamins incase. Anyone else pregnant with low levels???? I have heard it can happen and I have read stories where ppl are pregnant and don't even know. Grasping at straws so I font go insane. Hopefully tmrw will be a better day. :(
It's always good to start prenatals and I really pray all goes well for you. Just relax and treat yourself as pregnant. You know the possibility is there with the positive tests. Waiting can be rough but it's good you are being checked on. God bless you!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.