Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Unusable breast milk??

Hi ladies, I'm 27 weeks with my first baby and unfortunately due to medication i can't breast feed. What will happen to the milk i naturally produce? Will i need a breast pump to 'empty' myself? for want of a better phrase!! Lol. Thankyou x
You will find yourself becoming very swollen,tender and very full. It can be painful!
So you might invest in small manual pump. Pump,then dump lol
It'll give you some relief until your supply goes down or away!
Sorry you can't breastfeed! That bites!
Good luck!
Wen u bottle feed u just let it go away on its own usually,(I bottle fed my 1st 2)  but ur breasts will hurt & u will need a good supply of brest pads!!! But milk will go away after around 2 weeks :)
If you cannot breast feed, your breasts will get tender and swollen a few days after delivery. DO NOT pump... pumping increases milk supply, which is the opposite of what you would want if you are not breast feeding. Take warm showers and wait it out. Your supply will diminish within a few weeks.
Yeah sorry i should have mentioned that you should only do that if you're in dire pain lol
Yes,it will increase your supply. Oops.
I ate tons of those peppermint candies when I was pregnant with my second (helped relieve bad heartburn). Didn't realize that peppermint reduces milk supply... So I didn't get to breastfeed him. :l

I don't remember any major swollen breasts after my son was born. Only mild aches and pains (like when your breasts feel at the beginning of pregnancy). I don't even remember any leaks..
Since I'm planning on breastfeeding my third, I'm staying far away from those peppermints! Lol.
Hope my mistake helps you!
There is a medicine to stop milk like I got ir when my twins were no more.I had pain in breasts and I took medicine I think mexolon.u may ask ur doc .
Unless you attempt to breast feed ur books will not hurt as much there should be no leakage do not pump just go straight to Bittle and since ur baby has never latched on ur body will not cringe every time he or she cried for milk
Don't pump it will make ur milk keep coming. I tried to breastfeed my first but MT milk didn't come very well. Hopefully that will happen for u. I heard cabbage leaves in ur bra will help dry it up. I say look online to see what other things u could do to help dry it up. Best of luck :-)
Thankyou all so much for your advice :) my mind feels rested now, thanks again xx
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.