Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Vaccine during pregnancy...

I had my 28 week appointment today and my doctor said at my 30 week appointment she wants me to get the whooping cough vaccine to protect baby and me. I want to keep my baby safe, but am weary of giving vacinnes that are relatively new (from what I've read they just started recommending this vaccine in pregnancy around 2011 I believe). What are your thoughts? Has anyone done this during a previous pregnancy and if so what was the outcome? Thanks for any input.
It offers a little bit of protection to your baby since they can't be vaccinated again whooping cough for a bit. Whooping cough can be deadly to a newborn. I would recommend getting it, and would also recommend your family members get updated on their tdap vaccinations if they haven't already.
Against*
They wanted me to get it too I said no my doctor noted in my chart for me to get it after baby is born.
Ya I've gotten mine while pregnant and once at the hospital after I gave birth. We were fine
I just got my Tdap and flu shot at my last appt. I did some research and it's highly recommended especially that there seeing more cases of whooping cough going around and it's extremely hard on babies and they can't be vaccinated until 2 months and by us mothers getting the Tdap it transfers to our babies  . My doc actually recommended any ppl that will be around our new baby to get one if they haven't my 2 sons or good and my SO goes in next Friday to get his even our parents that haven't had one in 10 yrs will be getting it as well .
I said no as well.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.