Warning, May be a disturbing question.

Was just wondering, im a little scared to ask my doctor. But if a newborn doesnt make it (stillborn) .. what do they do? Are u still able to spend time with baby, is there a funeral service? Ect ? Someone.. please help. My mind is going crazy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am terribly I have no idea what you're condition is... But I am truly sorry I hope everything ends up ok and somehow baby will be ok. I dont even know what c is wrong but the thought of this happening to anyone makes me cry I can't imagine. But I will be thinking about you and your baby and hope everything turns out ok.
Helpful - 0
I had a stillborn bady when I wad 37 wks
...I spent plenty of timd for her and yes we had a service for her its all up to you and wat u wanna do...sorry I will keep u in my prayers
Helpful - 0
Geekmom1213 I love those pictures! Its so nice to see that there is a group of people out there willing to do something like that for someone at their lowest time. The idea itself does sound morbid, but they really do capture beautiful moments between family and child and its proven that having things like pictures does help with the grieving process.
Helpful - 0
Prayin for u
Helpful - 0
I am sure that everyone is right and they will let you. It's not messed up to want to know what is going to happen to you and your baby. I hope things go well for you and I can't imagine what you are going through.
Helpful - 0
my Mom Had A Stillborn.  You Are Able To Spend Time With Him Or Her . Even Take Pictures . my Brother Was In The Room With Us All Day , We Took Professional Pictures . && Yes You Can Also Have A Funeral. i Hope Everything Goes Well !
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry I hope your baby and you keep fighting. Don't think bad yall are going to be ok
Helpful - 0
Yes I had one we had her in my room for a good four hours. They took pictures for me and gave me a box of stuff. They asked me if the hospital was taking care of the baby or are we having a funeral service come take care of her. But when I was there they said I could go down and see her again if I want. I did the funeral service so I had to sign paper work on that and they said if I want to know cause of death. I did not a birth certificate are social security numbers. I sorry for your lost
Helpful - 0
Definitely talk to your doctor and your chosen hospital about their available services for families in situations like yours. Also I would suggest checking out a website called "now I lay me down to sleep" - they provide volunteer photography services for families of babies who are stillborn or pass away shortly after birth. It may sound awful or morbid and you may not think you'll be able to look at the pictures but someday they will help to serve as a beautiful reminder of your love for the baby you've carried.
I am so sorry for you. I hope you and your baby can overcome the odds but it is best to have all the information ready considering where things stand right now.
Helpful - 0
Yes you get to spend time with your baby and yes they don't just get rid of it they do allow you to set up a funeral or cremation. Its still your baby. Good luck. I hope everything is okay.
Helpful - 0
thank u,i really hope so .. and yea i pretty much know the outcome. read on my other post..
Helpful - 0
I believe they will let you hold and say goodbye to your baby. Ask your dr it's a valid question with the complications your having. so sad goodluck and wishing the best for you and baby
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.