Weight Gain :(

I'm only 5 weeks (very early) but, the weight gain has been insane. I track my food and I try to eat healthy and still when I wake up it's like I ate 4 whole cakes. I just want to cry! My clothes don't fit right at all. This is my second child, but, I feel like it's my first cause my daughter is 16.5 years old. My face, waist, boobs, and thighs have grown in like a matter of two weeks. Any suggestions, plz?!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was gaining weight and thought I was just getting fatter.  On Halloween I took a pregnancy test because I puked randomly and Both were positive,  I took 6test in 2 days and all were positive.  Went to the Dr sometime like beginning of November and I was 6wks 6days (:
So it's common (:
Helpful - 0
Hi there all! I definitely have been watching what I eat and hit the gym the last two days and will continue. I had lost 39lbs and I'm devastated to see my weight jump up so quickly. I will keep on my workouts and eating right.
Helpful - 0
Thank you Anna.. it bothers me when people say pregnancy is an excuse to gain weight... because those are usually the same people that complain that the can't lose the Weight after. Being pregnant should not be a free for all! I'm already overweight and when I found out I was pregnant instead of using it as an excuse to binge on "cravings" I've used it as a reason to get healthy! I'm now eating healthier and excersizing. Just yesterday I walked 10km and I feel great! My energy is back up and aches and pains are gone.

Erica, if it is true weight gain and not just water weight you may have a difficult time losing it during the pregnancy. But if you get active and eat healthy now you likely won't gain much more and it's more likely to shed right off after you have your baby!

of course, just like everything else make sure to check with your doctor!
Helpful - 0
Actually pregnancy isn't an excuse to gain weight..you really only need 300 extra cals in the first trimester and 450 more in the second. Granted people do gained 50-60 pounds I think it should be more of an excuse to eat healthy foods not junk
Helpful - 0
Thank you all so much! I honestly feel like I have no clue what to expect and everything is completely different. I'm going to work on losing weight. Good luck ladies and again thank you!
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
I had the same problem i bought maternity pants at 7 weeks because i gained 20 lbs. I was eating cupcakes and fast all the time. And then i started eating at least one salad a day that has dark leafy greens like spinach (lettuce doesn't do anything for you its just water) i go on a ten minute walk everyday. I still eat what im craving but eat salads and fruots also really helps.i lost ten lbs and im maintaining the weight i have now. And your probably popping out so fast because its your second baby. Hope that helps!
Helpful - 0
A pregnancy is the best excuse to gain weight.  Dont worry about the weight and have a happy pregnancy
Helpful - 0
I will see if I can check my BP. I feel so discouraged and defeated by this weight. I had lost weight, went from 219 to 180... all of a sudden I'm at 200. Sigh
Helpful - 0
It's probably more bloating or swelling than it is weight gain. Check your blood pressure. Most likely this will subside in a few more weeks. Hang in there!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.