Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Weight gain

I just came home from the drs and I feel a little upset. I've gained about 10 lbs according to their records and scale. I'm 18 weeks. I started at 123 but for some reason they have me starting at 121. Now I'm 131. I finally met my dr today, the last few times I saw the nurse practitioner who I actually like better. I asked if my weight gain was ok and he said right now yes but if I continue gaining at the same rate it may become a problem. What?! I don't understand how 10 lbs at almost halfway thru is alot? And honestly I know I was 123 not 121 when I started. I weigh myself at the gym that i go to like four days a week. Now I feel like I'm going to be overweight and I feel kinda down. Does it seem like alot to anyone else?
You aren't over weight hon.. the doctor is just a jerk..I wouldn't worry about it too much..im 31 weeks and 2 days and ive only gained 18 pounds (not enought weight gain apparently) you just cant make a dr happy @_@ keep your head up :) at least you go to the gym!  
I know the feeling. Sometime dr. Seem to have no heart. I gained 50 lbs with my first. 7 years later I am currently pregnant with my 2nd. My ob was very harsh with me and my weight gain. This time around I'm 20weeks with no weight gain and my ob is happy about that.. but then worry me about eating enough calories and what not.  So it feels like a never ending battle.
Whats wrong with that doc... you are totally fine.. 10 lbs isnt alot.. its expected... just eat healthy if you are concerned about any weight related issues but dont stress it.. you are good!

Stupid doctors... sometimes they really **** me off!!
The only time weight is a problem is when you are not gaining any so don't worry
I wouldn't worry too much. My start weight was still more than your weight now. I am 24 weeks I started at 136 and I am 146 now. I lost ten lbs the first trimesters so I have gained 20. My Dr said it's totally fine. Also, I started over weight for my height. I would think you will be just fine. I am more concerned about my weight than my Dr.
That's not overweight at all. Some women gain 50 pounds or more during pregnancy. Consider yourself lucky.
At my last appt I had gained 13 pounds total. I'm just about 28 weeks. As long as the baby is growing properly any weight gain is good to me.
Some ppl go right from the book! Your fine. My nurseast time I was pregnant commented on my weight every time. :( made me sad. But I'm not gonna let it get to me this time. I gained 50 with my daughter and she was healthy. I just had more to lose after.
I didn't think it was alot but I'm very conscious of how much I'm gaining because with my son I gained 64 lbs by the end and I want to make sure I don't do that again. Thanks girls
I think its a wonderful weight gain I wish I  was in your shoes ;) iv put on 10 and im almost 14 weeks I know is bad but when im sick I crave carbs so I usually gain most of my weight in the beginning then slow down alot towards the end  I had a docter with my last child that put me in tears  because of my weight gain  I wouldn't  even pay attention to it now I know my body and sounds to me you are healthy  evreyone is different and who knows maybe its a blessing  you could go into labor early  and  the bigger the baby the better ;) I had my daughter at 30 weeks  and I had put on almost 50 pounds but she came out 3lbs 4 oz so it was a blessing ;)
I think you're doing good on your weight gain, I havent gained a pound and I'm 28 weeks. At 20 weeks they told me I should have gained 16-18 lbs by then.
The cheek of that doctor upsetting you like that ... 10 pounds is little your doing great !!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.