What is going on; not doubling hcg and no gestational sac

I believe I’m 6 weeks but uncertain of lmp due to getting iud removed and then getting pregnant the same month. I had spotting dark brown for 3-4 days with mild cramps. They did hcg draw 12-18 : 167 then 12-20 : 311 then 12-22 : 467 then because of holiday weekend I had a blood draw 12-26 (four days later) and it was 1,145. I had an u/s and there was nothing in uterus, ovaries or tubes. They want me to discuss my options tomorrow but I refuse to have a terminated pregnancy yet I want to wait till hcg gets to 2000 to see if a sac appears. I know the main concern is etopic but I have no cramping or bleeding at this time and no evidence of anything in tubes. I also read some women take 72 hours to double.  Please let me know what you think or if have similar situation
it can't hurt to wait   a lot of doctors believe 72 hours doubling is just fine.  and as a matter of fact, mine took more than 48 hrs to double.
perhaps it's a chemical pregnancy. you have to confirm with an OB.
It's been a while since you posted- how are things going?  When hcg numbers don't double, it can be an indication that things in the pregnancy are not going well.  However, I agree with you- it's best to wait and see at this stage.  I have known pregnancies that have not 'looked' good numbers wise and with the ultrasound, but turned out to be fine- unless there is evidence of an ectopic or something, it doesn't hurt to wait and see before taking action.  

Let us know how you are doing- I hope that you were able to get some good news!