When is the 1st scan done?

Hi all im 5wks pregnant can you's tell me when is the first baby scan done?
Hi there! Ultrasounds are usually done between 17-20 weeks. You should be able to hear the heartbeat at your obgyn appointment around 8-12wks!  Hope this helps!  Good luck!
Usually the first scan is done around 6-7 was at least that's been my experience with all my kids. They make sure the baby is in proper placement an measure to see how far along you really are
Depends where you are and what Obstetrician you see. Generally the first scan is around 9 weeks and is a dating scan to give you your expected due date. My ob gives a scan every visit so with this bub had a scan at around 6 weeks.
Thanks girls for ur help! i dont think il be needin that scan after all. I think iv misscarried this morning

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.