Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Worried !! Vitamin A ????

I've been taking this vitamins snd minerals for pregnancy and lactation for 2 weeks since the second trimester , my doctor has prescribed it . It has 1500 IU of vitamin A , i have read online that excess of vitamin A is not safe for baby !!! Help plz i am jus so confused and worried abt ths. Has anyone taken Promise nunal prenatal vitamins ??? I want to know if its safe.
Vitamin A is important to the healthy growth of your baby. It aids in the development of heart, lungs, kidneys and other systems also. Too much can cause birth defects. It is recommended pregnant women get approx 2500 IU per day (that is combined from your natural sources in food and vitamins) breastfeeding women are recommended to have even more, up to 4000 IU daily. It is not considered too much until you are intaking 10,000 IU daily. At that level or higher is where birth defects are noted. Hope this eases your worries!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.