Omg ive been kicking myself trying to figure out what im gonna do as well. I had a emergency csection last year 11/26/13 with my first son because he was in distress but i was dialated to a 2 when i got to the hospital and when they checked me my water broke. I know a repeat csection would be easier but i do wanna try a vbac but im scared my scar is not all the way healed
I had my lo 6 wks ago via cesarean (not currently pregnant) although I am already weighing up my options for the next bub. Never wanted a cesarean in the beginning, but now it almost seems easier and less scary with #2. I want my bubs fairly close so it scares me to think that trying for a second one could potentially be very dangerous if I go all natural. Best of luck to both of you, hope you make the best decision for you :)
What has your dr said? You may not dialate this time around. I had a csection with my daughter because she was breech. Now with this baby I may have a VBAC if I am soft and dialating. Although now I have pre eclampsia so I may have to have a csection anyways.
Check out sites like vbac.com. Just because you did not dilate last time does not meaan it will happen again. Hiring a doula helps a lot too.
I'm 33 weeks and go in 1 and half weeks to Have my vbac consult. I'm.torn as well. I had.a vaginal 4 yrs ago and had a c section 20 month's ago bc my son was breech. My hospital won't let you attempt a vbac if.you've never had a vaginal birth before. they do have a 100% success rate at my hospital none have ended in rupture or a c section. I think that's mainly bc they won't allow it if you've never had a vaginal birth. My biggest concern is they don't have a nicu bc it's a small.hospital so if something happened my baby would have.to go a little over a hour away... I just can't decide!!!
The vbac gone wrong in the 18-24 forum has pretty.much almost changed my mind Completley..
I opted out of vbac. My first didn't move down at all so I had to do csection. My doctor said in situations like that it's likely to have the same result. She also gave a list of things that could go wrong, even though the risk is low for most of them, I decided to go with the csection because it eased my fears. I'm going to have my 3rd csection in February
I'm going to the dr today. I'm just trying to get my thoughts, questions, fears, and etc together beforehand. Anything else please bring up so I can talk to my dr? Thanks!
Try vbac I promise u won't regret... I had c section bak in 2011 and did vbac 2013 n goin it again in 2015 being able to use the bathroom on ur own after 10mins of giving birth was the best feeling ever ;)
Let us know how it goes. I go next Wednesday for my consult. Just ask about their nicu and what kind of monitoring they do during labor. I wouldn't do it unless I was being continuously monitored as weLl as babies heartrate.
I saw my doctor yesterday. She said that I am a candidate for VBAC. She told me that it's our decision how we want our little girl to come into the world. As of right now, everything is going great with the pregnancy. So she told me to talk about it, do research, and we'll talk more about it at my next appointment in 4 weeks. She gave me a pamphlet and a list of great websites to check out. She said that during labor there isn't any additional monitoring for the labor and baby. It's the same monitoring across the board regardless of the type of labor. I'm going to the same hospital I had my first cesarean, so I am familiar with how that's done. The NICU is great, but not the best. It's only a 30 minute drive to best, and that's if you drive normal. I still have a lot to think about and talk about. One good thing is that she didn't give me a vibe where she felt concerned or anything like that. She also said that we can wait till I'm further along, even 39 weeks to see how the baby is and how I'm progressing.
Thank you ladies! I'm still trying to figure out what to do. Opinions please!