Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
my doctor prescribed Zoloft for me. I took it for about two weeks. During that time I was so mean and agitated. I know I'm not supposed to get off without notifying the doctor. But I feel so much better now. I feel like my old self. Is it bad that I got off? I also got off because of all the side effects.
I'm a psych PA and I prescribe Zoloft routinely. You don't mention the dose your doctor started you on, but if you were feeling more agitated and irritable it's probably a good thing you stopped. Most side effects will resolve within 2 weeks. Please let your doctor know that you've stopped the medication and why. If you're struggling with depression and/or anxiety I strongly recommend you consider therapy. It can be very helpful and has no side effects. Depression and anxiety can both have negative effects on you and your baby. Best wishes!!
I was on the lowest dose. But I thank you soooo much for responding. Are you taking patients?
No problem! I am taking patients, but I live in Montana. Not sure where you are, but that might be quite the trip!
I was on Zoloft for a number of years prior to finding out that I was pregnant. I stopped taking it before my 8 week appointment, though I did reduce my dose over a period of a week or so to let my body adjust. It is not recommended to take Zoloft during your pregnancy, even though it is one of the safer drugs in the SSRI group. Medications in the SSRI group have been known to cause birth defects. I am so far able to control my anxiety, probably because I am more concerned about my baby's well being. I just take everything one day at a time and try not to stress about little things. Best of luck to you and yours!
Oh. I'm in DC
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.