acid and heart burn

Hi ladies did any of you get acid and heart burn really bad. Im 28 weeks and have it really nothing seems to work at all.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes I do and it's only getting worse I am 30 weeks and I'm eating tums like its candy.  What did seem to help the past two nights is not eating to late and if I did I snacked on some fruit.
Helpful - 0
This Is My 3rd Pregnancy (the worst for me yet) but these heart/throat burns are the worst only thing that helps me a little is milk (I hate milk) i have most burns at night
Helpful - 0
I'm 32+5
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies for your info I wish it would go away its not fun
Helpful - 0
I have a bottle of liquid antacids by my bed and take a drink before I go to bed.
Helpful - 0
My doctor gave the okay for me to take zantac two times a day and to eat as many tums as I want. It helps, check with your doc if zantac is okay for you too. I can't go without it.
Helpful - 0
Try eating small meals try not to eat until your stuffed. Stay away from acidic foods or anything too spicy. Drink lots of water :)
Helpful - 0
Omg! I'm 23 weeks and today was the first time I had it ALL day! No fun!
Helpful - 0
Hi ladies .. my aunt who visited from mexico told me to eat green apple when i get heart burn i tryed it and it does miracles,my heart burn goes away as soon as i eat a couple slices..wish i wouldve known with my other 2 .. im now 30 weeks 3 days .. hope it works for you too, good luck !
Helpful - 0
Ugh yes. Only 5 weeks and have had it so bad for 12 hours. Thinking about going to emerg as I am in so much pain and nothing is working.  Breathing heavily from the pain.  Ps I have Had a child naturally with no epidural so I hVe a fairly high pain tolerance
Helpful - 0
So glad im not the only one...mines are everlasting ughhh
Helpful - 0
Yes!!  I started looking up if acid reflux can be eroding my esophagus cause it is so bad
Helpful - 0
Ive been to the hospital twice for mine, its so bad I cant breathe. Feels like a heart attack. The doctor finally started me on prilosec an its been much smoother sailIng since!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.