after giving birth

How long do you actually bleed, period wise? I've had ppl tell me almost a month....which I hope isn't true.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I bled off and on for 10 weeks
Helpful - 0
I bled for a week and a half and since I breastfed I didnt get my first period until 8 months.
Helpful - 0
I bled for 6 weeks annoying
Helpful - 0
I bled for about 4wks after my c-sections, but I didn't get an actual period for a while because I breastfed.
Helpful - 0
when I had my daughter. I bled full 6 weeks. stopped for 1 day and then got my period again. and she was full breast fed. everyone is different.
Helpful - 0
I've had 3 kiddos and bled 6 weeks with all of them. Also breastfed and didn't get a period for 10 months.
Helpful - 0
I've bled anywhere from 6-10 weeks. I also breastfed and didn't get a period until 8-12 months.
Helpful - 0
My postpartum bleeding was really only heavy the first 2 weeks and then tapered off to nothing for the following week. I was breast feeding exclusively and that makes a big difference. If you are too active too soon postpartum then your bleeding will be heavier too.
Helpful - 0
I bled for 2wks after having my son via c section. The first 4 or 5 days were heavy and the rest was light. Got my 1st period 4w after I stopped bleeding.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.