Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

anxiety kicking

I'm already a worry wort.  I worry about everything, I guess that's what most women do.  But I'm 8 weeks and 5 days. I don't feel pregnant at all.  Or I'm bored in the 1st trimester.  I would love for the dr. To give me another ultrasound so I can see a beating heart.  I probably shouldn't have read all those miscarriage stories.  I hope everything is okay.  I have an appt in appt April to hear the heart beat. I just have to wait.  
I'm in the exact same boat - I'm now 9 weeks & 1 day (according to my calculations).. & I've had to wait up until tomorrow just to schedule an appointment with my OB/GYN and she doesn't even deliver.. so I have to see her sometime next week probably just to schedule with a different doctor. I'm so anxious about seeing my baby's heartbeat & freaking out!

I've been told as long as I'm not bleeding or cramping abnormally that I should be fine.. I'll be praying for both of us! ((:
Take it easy as well as you can. There's nothing wrong with being anxious, that is your little one after all. It's very exciting and also pretty intimidating.
With my first LO, I had no symptoms until almost my fourth month. No sore breasts, no nausea, nothing at all.
I got unbelievable hyperemesis gravidarum after that, but no major problems and everything was very easily treated and managed. Basically all I had to do was take a couple small pills a day, a liquid medicine once a day, and keep some crackers and Sprite near my bed so I didn't have to take my medicine until I felt awake enough. It had no affect on my LO gaining weight or her development.
Try to kick back and take it easy, remember that when you relax, baby gets to relax too (which later will probably actually mean kicking you all over the place). Stock up on ice cream too, there's never a wrong time to have delicious treats in the kitchen.
I was like that with my first !

I purchased a doppler off of eBay to give me piece of mind because I only had the morning sickness (due to chronic uti) and when reaching the time to feel him kick!

Best advice I can pass on....stay off google (for example don't google every little cramp pain or symptoms) and if you haven't had a miscarriage skip over the miscarriage post on here! All its going to do is get you worried about you little blessing!  

No
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.