anxiety

Has anyone gotten anxiety and depression well pregnant?  I started getting anxiety attacks at night and now I get them day and night. I'm starting to get depressed over them. The doctor wants to put me on anxiety/depression medicine but I don't want to take any medicine well pregnant. I also read that it can cause heart problems for the baby. Have you taken medicineand did it affect the baby? Are there natural ways to help with anxiety?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you, i didnt know that about lavender. I use lavender everything my dish soap, my detergent my soap and body spray. No wonder i love it so.much. Its very hard sometimes doing daily things. Its been such a stressful with all 7 of my kids this has been the worse pregnancy ever. I have never been so alone and stressed out. I just want my baby here so i can get back to.normal. I'm almost there, good luck.to.you and I'll try the long walks. God bless you and baby. If you ever need to talk you can always message me.on here
Helpful - 0
My anxiety did get worse while pregnant, but I did not dare take medication. I'm not big on medicine either way, especially not with a baby!
Helpful - 0
You should try to get out of the house. I found that going for walks helps with the anxiety a little bit. It's hard to not know anyone where you live. Try taking a class on something you like doing to meet people. My doctor run a blood test to check my thyroid. I'm waiting on the results. She said since I have never had anxiety before it could be my thyroid. Maybe you can ask your doctor to check yours. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry you have to deal with depression. It is a hard to be depressed especially when your pregnant. I'm going to have to try baths. I try to keep myself busy but sometimes I just can't handle daily tasks. I think I will talk to a counselor. It will do some good not to keep everything bottled in. I use Lavender essential oil it helps with depression. Put it behind your ears and on your temples and on the bottom if your feet. Also using lavender in a diffuser helps. God bless and I hope you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
Hermet*
Helpful - 0
I have horrible anxiety an I have become a helmet in my home  it has been moved us to a new city/state and I don't know anybody we temporarily only have one car an  i stay home all day
Helpful - 0
I unfortunately have depression very bad. Especially with this pregnancy, its been a really bad one. But I don't take my depression meds because I'm scared I don't want to hurt my baby boy. So, I deal with it myself. I sometimes just let the depression take over because I'll have it for a month or 2 and sometimes I'll MAKE myself get up and clean or spend time with my other kids. Try to keep yourself busy. What really really helps me are long baths. I have had some anxiety but not too much. But a long bath with a book should help. It really really helps me. God bless and good luck. If that doesn't work try getting a counselor, that works wonders too.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.