anyone else having mixed feelings?

I'm 4 months pregnant with my second child, I'm not super excited about it. It was kinda the same with my first who is 7 1/2. I love my daughter and unborn son with all my heart, I can't see my life without my daughter in it but I never saw myself as a wife or mother I was happy being single. I thought when we found out the gender that I would be more excited. I even feel him move every now n then but still I'm having mixed emotions. I'm in denial still idk ... I need input
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Some women say that they don't feel anything throughout their whole pregnancy up until they have their bub. Maybe the same thing will happen to you.  
Helpful - 0
With my second child I was so worried I couldnt love her the way I loved my first. That went right away when I had her. Now Im on my 3rd. I love them all the same obviously. I just hope they all know and feel that love! ♡
Helpful - 0
I had a similar experience as thehardwicks. When I was pregnant with #2, I couldn't comprehend loving anyone as much as I loved my first, and I was terrified that it just wasn't possible. Like, how could I possibly share that love? But as soon as I held my second daughter, I realized how infinite love can be: it doesn't divide between your children, it expands. It was amazing to find out how much love I was capable of. And now that I am 28 weeks preggo with my third, I don't have any doubts that my love capacity will simply grow to accommodate this new one.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.