Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

big baby measurements??? help

So I'm 30weeks just barely 2weeks ago I had a sono scan said baby weighed about3lbs 9oz . According to the app should have been 2lbs 3-5oz  and measurements at Dr are slightly bigger. Dr started talking to me about thinking about a c section which I'm terrified of. I want a natural.no medicine vaginal birth my question is how many ladies measured bigger but still accomplished this? Dr as me freaked about tearing or exsessive bleeding still birth if baby get stuck etc. I'dhate to rrisk it by trying to push a baby that's to big. Please help
You can try to do it and worst case scenario if you can't they will perform an emergency c section.. allot of women have emergency section.. there are a lot of women that have a 10lb babies vaginally.. not ideal but they do.. And that's an estimate isn't it.. how did they measure baby.. ??
I know you can always op for a c section they can't make you... my baby was 2950 grams and she was tiny and I still torn... so it's totally different for everyone just do what you feel is best
2950 grabs is about what in lbs.. I you're with my first too and she was 5lbs
Yea they measured her just by sono so its a estimate weight but I do have GD so they say the insulin makes her bigger faster. They plan to induce me @ 37 weeks but if she already big now she will be bigger then. I want to they vaginally first just scared of all the risk Dr was saying.  :(
If the baby is really big ui would consider a c sec because the forceps scare me I'd rather take the pain of being cut than the baby being hurt but u have to do what's best for you
2950 grams is like 6.5 lbs. She gone be way bigger then that by 37weeks :(
I meant tore with my first..
I was told my daughter would be 9lbs due to gd.. I was not on medication just watching what I ate . But she was not measured by sono.. And she was just 5lbs.
Thats crazy my doc didnt say anythin to me n im 32 weeks tomorrow n she said my baby is almost 6lbs but im gonna go on weds for my app im gonna ask to do an ultrasound cause im a lil worry...
I haven't been told how much my baby weights either. I'm 32 weeks
Woah... it is WAY too early to be making guesses on babies weight. They are 80% inaccurate with sono estimates even when they are done at the appropriate time. It is just now (at 30 weeks) that they start to differ at rates of growth. When predicting macrosomia (the medical term for big baby), sonogram estimates were only 50% accurate. Your body was made to do this, you are made to birth your own baby. 37 weeks is too early to induce, and they should not be fear mongering you.
I agree with the PP. Ultrasounds are really inaccurate at measuring size past first trimester. They can be off up to 2lbs! Don't let them scare you. Big babies aren't that bad really. My friend just had a 10lb baby all natural at home (her first) and only had minimal tearing. I wouldn't worry. You can do it! A small vaginal tear is much easier to heal from than a c section. Especially if you plan to breastfeed.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.