Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

breast feeding

If im planning on breastfeeding what do i need to take to the hospital ? Thanks
Comfortable nursing bras and shirts. I wore the sleep nursing bras during my hospital because they were more comfortable
Nothing they will have a pump for you.  If u go to the store get some nipple butter safe for baby to ingest Lansinoh I think is the spelling.  Purple tube.  If it's your first it will hurt but if you are determined you can do it and the pain will go away after about 3 to 6 weeks.  I know it sounds harsh but once you get past it, there is nothing more relaxing. If you are planning on wearing a bra while in the hospital,  get a nursing bra. And if u want someone else to feed baby bring a bottle of choice for feeding,  remember the bottle brush for cleaning.  Remember the first week your baby's belly is the size of a PEA don't get discouraged if you are not producing a lot. Your body produces what your child needs. After delivery ask to speak to the lactation specialist so u get all the info u need.  Good luck and God bless.  
Good feeding clothes and bras and a lot of breast pads for leakage :) good luck it can hurt for a little while but you get used to it and don't feel bad and all it can be amazing thing bond between you and baby and yes nipple cream is good.
If it does hurt to breastfeed ask someone about your babies latching. The smallest thing i was told can make all the difference.
Lots of breast pads and lansinoh cream
The only things ull really need r a comfortable nursing bra, lansinoh ointment, breast pads - not that ull be leaking milk or nothing but to protect the bra from getting ointment all over it.  I highly doubt ull be producing much milk during ur stay in the hospital, so don't be disappointed when hardly nothing comes out.  It's once u get home or the day after that ur milk may begin to flow in abundance.  Just sayin.  My description above is probably the more likely scenario..
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.