Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

breastfeeding

I am totally against breastfeeding. I wasn't breast fed and I came out perfectly fine. Is it really that big of a deal? I thought about pumping but I hear thays time consuming and very painful.
I wasn't breastfed either. ..no one in my family was. ..
We're all fine :)
I had my daughter 3 months ago and she's on enfamil prosobee.
Breast milk just has extra antibodies for the baby but it's not life or death. My daughter is perfectly healthy. Someone else's baby isn't going to be smarter or better than a child that isn't breastfed.  
I'm not against it..i just hate women who shove it down others throats.  Beat down on the moms who do crap while their kids are around or while they're
pregnant...
when you formula feed, you're still providing food. That's what's important.
Breastfeeding truly is what's best for baby...but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what is best for you. As long as baby is happy, fed, healthy...then that is all that matters.
But a little FYI...breastfeeding helps reduce the risk in breast cancer for you and your baby...
But that is a personal choice and don't let anyone down talk or make you feel bad in any way for the choice you make for what is best for you and your baby
I didnt want to breastfeed either when I had my first ones, I was against it I was scared of it that it would hurt, that I wouldnt look or feel the same afterwards cause for most women this is a hot spot, so I pumped instead with the first. Didnt get that much pumping. With the last one I had I breastfeed untill she was almost 13 months old, besides the cost being greatly cheaper, it also gave me a special bond with her. Yes sometimes its a pain cause yoy cant just make a bottle and curl up and go back to sleep. But the rewards for you and baby are greater than you migjt realize. My others that were not breastfed got sick really easy where the one I jave breastfed, has hardly been sick even with a cold and she is two almost three now. Kncock on wood. Best thing to do is go with what you are comfortable with, cause only you can decide what is right for you and your baby no one else. Just jave to stuck with your decision and if you do decide to breastfed, there is plenty of help available
What makes you against breast feeding? You might not be interested in it, but what reasoning would you have against it? No one says that non breast fed babies have anything wrong with them, but breast feeding still has many many benefits. The huge one is simply the money you save verses burying formula. That's on top of the health benefits for you and the baby. Everyone has a different experience, so I would not assume it's painful for everyone.
I chose not to breastfed because I'm getting surgery in a week. I'm going to be on rough pain pills and going to physical therapy for 2 months.  Can't really breastfeed.  It was my decision not to...Just like it's your decision whether you do or not.
Ignore what people say.. you may get comments from some mom's who despise formula,  but who cares. It's your baby. ..not theirs.
Breast milk has so many benefits. I didnt with my first and i wish i had. My second son was breast fed and he doesnt get sick as often as my first, he doesnt really catch what his brother gets. I guess if you like dishing out money on formula, or maybe you get it all free and dont care how much it costs. Its all how you feel about it but i dont know how you can be against it.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.