constipation

Hey ladies as some of you know I've just had my baby fri and this is guna sound gross but I really need to go number 2 I can feel it wanting to come out but its a big ball in there sense its been a few days. Now I got a few stiches not as bad as my last one but I still have some. I wanted to know if u guys think its safe for me to take an enima? I didn't get any stool softener from the doc this time.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can buy stool softener over the counter. I would try prune juice first before that and drink lots if water!  
Helpful - 0
Try stool softeners like dulcolax or Miralax first and drink plenty.  You could always ask your doctor about a suppository, still not pleasant, but better than an enima.  You poor thing:-(. Good luck...and congrats!!!
Helpful - 0
If stool softeners don't work for you, try a high fiber cereal (preferably with psyllium) or a psyllium supplement. The only thing that worked for me during pregnancy was the high fiber cereal with psyllium & my first bowel movement after a c-section didn't hurt at all.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Diabetic candy. Really it will unclog you.
Helpful - 0
Doc didnt give you any stool softener? I tore bad with my first and used Colace just because it really hurt to go. Now I just have it around, just in case. Its mild, pretty cheap, safe, and seems to do the trick. Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
I would definitely go buy some stool softner before trying an enema. It will be a lot more gentle on your body than an enema.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.