could i be carrying twins?

so i have confirmed i am 5weeks pregnant just by last menstrual cycle. i took an hcg blood test and my levels are 61,108! is this normal? could i possibly be carrying twins? im a firm believer in "signs" and just the other day i saw a caterpillar starting a cocoon nest dangling on my porch's sliding glass door. thats when i first found out about my pregnancy. come to find out there is actually two! maybe im freaked out a litte. but this is my 3rd pregnancy, and i have never felt the symptoms this early before let alone, they are much worse this time around!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
First, Congrats!!!  I'm happy and excited for you.  Wowza, that is a super high hcg!  Being so high could mean that perhaps you have your dating wrong?  Is that a possibility that you are further along than you think?  And yes, it could also indicate twins or triplets!  Unfortunately, there is one complication that a super high HCG level can indicate which is a molar pregnancy.  When is your next doctor's appointment?!  I'll be interested in what the doctor has to say!  Let us know!!
I don't believe I'm much father than that. I started my last cycle dec.28th and it was just as normal as ever and always lasts a crucial week. this January I missed my period and 3 days after that I took a test. As soon as I dropped my urine on the test it already showed two bold lines. I though,t no way! its too soon..isn't it? I know some people can still have their cycle but everything felt like normal. until two weeks ago my nausea started and its horrible. I have my ultrasound Monday..but I just cant wait. the suspense is killing me. I guess ill have to wait. either way..i'll be happy with two, but definitely my last pregnancy lol
Like specialmom said, there are a ton of reasons for high HCG- one is definitely twins.  Sometimes you can have a period while pregnant- so it's also possible that you are further along.  Are you getting an ultrasound done anytime soon?  That will help with dating and confirm if there is more than one in there- of course you will likely need to wait a few more weeks if they suspect you are only five weeks a long- there isn't much to see on ultrasound at that point.  

Keep us updated and congratulations!  
I have my appointment Monday, I just really cannot wait. this is such a horrible feeling. but Im sure once i know for sure whats going on, it'll ease my mind and ill be more than likely willing to suffer lol
I hear you there!  I hate the waiting game!  
Any news?  How did your appointment go?