Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

depressed...weight.

OK, so I've just used an online pregnancy BMI calculator and I got the result as being "obese"!!
I'm 34 weeks, 5'7 and 192lbs. Was about 155-160 prepregnancy. I go to the gym 4-6 days per week, still fit in all the same clothes I've been wearing since early second trimester...I don't feel "obese" at all!! I've obviously gained some weight but always get complimented on how great I look.
Clearly the weight gain is getting to my head and I'm very down and upset about it. Ugh. But obese?!?!
!!!
I'll be 39 weeks and I'm sure I'm  considered obese too. It was probably calculated by a man lol. Don't worry about it. You sound like you are doing great by going to the gym that much! I'm happy if I take are walk or sit on my yoga ball! If your Dr hasn't told you to watch your weight then you are doing great. A lot of women's weight seems to level off at the end of the third trimester too. You'll be back to your original weight in no time!
Download the app weight gain inside the app it says mobile mom that's for pregnant women the one u used I don't think is for pregnant women
BMI is probably the worst way to measure how fit you are. It's just weight and height. So if you're short and muscular you may have a high bmi indicating you are "fatter" than you actually are. I wouldn't worry so much about it. There are lots of other more accurate measurements like the fat skin fold tests and bone size tests. If you are big boned (which is a real thing!) Your bmi will also be higher.
Thank you ladies. It is hard not to let the number get to your head...I wish my Dr didn't make me weigh myself lol! Then I would just close my eyes.
Dont.worryyy my prepreg weight waz 135 i got.to 209!
7 weeks later im 150... and keep loosing weight...
did the BMI calculator you use let you put it in the setting that you're pregnant? either way not a big deal when you have your baby trying to get back on track, I don't care what no calculator says when I'm pregnant I eat what I want and satisfy every craving I have of course I wouldn't eat or drink things that hurt my baby but being pregnant is not easy and gaining a couple more lbs than one should is ok with me.. lol
Bmi doesn't calculate muscle like jjolfert said. I'm 37 weeks 5'2" and according to the doctor's scale (on Friday) I weigh 162, but I've also been working out all throughout this pregnancy.  People tell me all the time that a "skinny" pregnant, but I've seriously never been weighs this much in my life. With my first, I delivered at 39.5 weeks at 153 lbs (but I didn't workout just worked on my feet until delivery.). Everyone has different body types and experiences, so (even though it is hard to look past that number) don't worry about it.
I seriously wouldn't go by that! You were on the taller side to begin with and it doesn't account for bone density either! I'm 5"4 and 145-150 pre pregnancy but for into a size small. I would go by your hip to waist ratio pre pregnancy, then by how much weight you've gained since. Screw BMI calculators those always made me sad lik
Im 5'6 and 209..7 days left... i feel you
Did you use ur pre pregnancy weight ?? Because everyone will be overweight with a baby ?!!??!! I was overweight to begin with the doc said it would be best for me if I only gained 7 kilo... And I'm eating whatever I want and since my first weighing in I'm only gained 5,6 kilo with 56 days to go ! So yeah I'll probs be obese now !  But when ur baby is here you'll be fine don't stress you'll only gain more by stress !
Thank you mama's, your words have helped me on this weighed down day! Lol yes the bmi app I used was from fit pregnancy. I just have to keep my eye on the prize and realize I will get the weight off soon enough! I feel good though which is what matters to me :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.