Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

depression medication

Hey there,
this is my first time doing a post... Found out last week I'm pregnant, I'm currently 5 weeks! I couldn't be happier, but I have concerns about having depression and being on medication. By partner and I have been talking about wanting to start a family for sometime now. Back in April I made an appointment with my doctor and decided to go off my antidepressants as I wanted to do a trail run and see how I felt (wanting to be chemical free for when we do have a baby). Make a long story short it went awful a month in. I had severe anxiety attacks and my depression hit hard.. I missed a week of work which I NEVER miss work. Anyway I'm back on my medication (Prozac 20mg) and feel so good, just nervous about the baby. I called motherrisk which is a great resource for Canadian mothers or mothers to be. They told be my medication does not pose any extra risk and because it's an old medication tons of study's are out including child developent; no study's link to any birth defects or developmental delay.
I'm still weary. My question is anybody else out there going through this or had a baby on Prozac? I do not want to expose my baby to chemicals but I also want to have my mental health as well. PLEASE HELP! Thanks
Wish I could help. There is probably lots of women who have had healthy babies on it. If your body is used to something it will adjust hopefully
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.