Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

diabetes test

I took my test yesterday I'm 28,weeks. I failed so I have to go back Monday and do the 3 hour test. She said my sugar was 174. I'm not sure what normal is while being pregnant!?! But it was late afternoon and I had eaten lunch 3 hours earlier. So that could of messed with it right??
Normal is 140 or less. I was 176. I'm also waiting totake the 3 hour. It might mean our bodies aaren't processing the carbs and sugars like they should. 2out of 3 woman that fail the ffirst one end up passing the 3 hour. The way I think of it is that its better to know something is wrong so I can do what I have to do to make sure the baby and myself are healthy. Good luck
I am 15 weeks  and I was 124 in fasting and 220 after food  in my first test. Dr. Had put me on diet for four days n now I am 108 in fasting and 126 after food. Dr. Had advised me to be on a  diet . this time diet is a little bit relaxed. But again test to be taken next week
For the 3 hour one you should fast.  Nothing but water 10 hours prior. Do it in the am. Where I work, we complete a 3 hour as too many women slip through the cracks on a one hour glucose. Normal blood sugar should be 110 and little lower  
Hint:  eat mor protien and less carbs
I am 28 weeks as well and due to family history they texted me during week 16 ore so. Blood sugar was 91 so really good. My second test was earlier this week and ie came back to 147 (had a lot of sugar night before). Tomorrow I am going for a 3 hour test.
Will keep you guys posted what happens
35 weeks here I have gd. The 3 hour test sucked hard bc you have to fast for 8 hours no food or drink. Honestly it's not that bad worst part is I have to stick my finger 4 times a day.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.