doc appointment at 6w

It's it weird that my ob scheduled my first visit at 6w?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Mine 1st is at approx 8 1/2 wks. With my son it was at almost 3 months. Are they doing an ultrasound too? I think she said she scheduled one at 8:15 and the other at 9. Better check my phone calendar.
Helpful - 0
With my first it was 8w but I had a crappy doc. They didn't tell me what they are doing
Helpful - 0
I didn't have my first appointment scheduled until I was 10 weeks. 6 weeks seems kind of early.
Helpful - 0
No depends on the doctor.  I always call when I get my positive test at home and they always schedule my confirmation apt right away. Before 7 wks with all 3 boys.  Your next apt probably won't be u ntil 10 though
Helpful - 0
I was seen at 7 wks with this pregnancy and had an u/s done at 8 wks to check for heartbeat.  Ur Dr might do the same since its still really early.
Helpful - 0
Our first appt was at 6 weeks, though many Drs do make you wait. Mine will see you at 6. We had a transvsginal ultrasound and saw the tiny baby and heart beat. It was amazing. :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.