dont want to start my baby on pacifiers

Hey guys. Im only 6 months right now but I just been thinking once the baby does arrive I dont want her to get attached to the pacifier. Are there other alternatives to not using the pacifier? Some babies grow so addicted to those things and its hard to wean them off. What to do? Especially when she's crying and stuff
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It might be very tempting though, and it really does help calm them. My son didn't want his after 9months
Helpful - 0
My husband and I only plan to give our baby one if she wont calm down and we have tried everything else. Our son used one once and a while but stopped once he started getting teeth at 3 1/2 months.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
I never introduced a pacifier, I did not want to risk it. I breastfeed so I just gave the breast and went with what my mom said and sometimes  babies just need to cry.
Helpful - 0
You just don't give a pacifier.  If you BF you stick a boob in the mouth. The boob really is an all calming tool. You will learn your babies cues fast so hopefully they wont get to the point of screaming. I never gave my kids pacifiers for anything but toys. if they got upset and weren't hungry or wanted comfort I would walk/bounce them. Also a lot of people like baby wearing and say that helps.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.