drinking

Is it true that if you drink a beer a week or 2 weeks ,that's good for your baby &makes them smarter ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've heard about that,  but if you have ever seen or been around a kid with fetal alcohol syndrome then you wouldn't take the chance.  I worked with special need babies and kids for three years until I left my first trimester and believe me, I love those kids, but I avoid any unnecessary external stimulus.
Helpful - 0
It all depends on where you are from. The US is one of the only countries in the world that recommends no alcohol consumption during pregnancy. In the UK they usually say that one glass of wine a week is considered safe.
Helpful - 0
Uhm no.
Helpful - 0
If u want to help baby be smart eat fish. I know salmon Is safe 8oz a week. The omega 3 in the fish helps with brain development. You can also buy milk with added DHA and omega 3 in it.  
Helpful - 0
I definitely wouldn't personally. I know a lot of ladies do occasionally have one small drink, but I don't. I personally feel like 9 months is a small sacrifice. :) good luck to you
Helpful - 0
Alcohol in not recommended in pregnancy in any amount.
Helpful - 0
yeah this is my 2nd baby &just started hearing it &asking people too&most say yeah they hear it before.like my sister in law was saying she drank a lil with her daughter who is now 3months &tries to hold her head up.&tries to stand up with her feet &her friend said she did too just a little &her daughter is so smart but I still don't trust it.
Helpful - 0
Ive never heard of that at all.
Helpful - 0
Ok I look it up online but it has both good &bad so I just leave it as it's bad.I just wanted to see forsure
Helpful - 0
omm, no.
Helpful - 0
Pretty sure vitamins will be more effective with brain.development than a beer. I am not a.doctor... The only benefits of beer during pregnancy is to help with milk production whIle breasts feeding.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.