Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

due date

My doctor told me Feb 20th and the ultrasound lady told me Feb 17th, who so I believe the lady who went to school for 10yrs or the technician that actually saw my baby??????
They normally adjust ur due date off the 1st ultrasound done before 20 weeks. At least my doctor does.
The ultrasound tech since she's going off the size of the baby.
Thanks that's what I thought so Feb 17 is my due day then
Your baby can be born anywhere between weeks 38-42 and be normal. The due date just gives you an idea, but most women don't deliver on their due date.
I wouldn't read too much into the exact date. Just know you'll most likely deliver in February.
After a certain point in pregnancy babies growth changes from pregnancy to pregnancy which I why the first ultrasound early on in the pregnancy is the most accurate. It is just an estimate your doctor is the one who ultimately decides whether or not the date should be adjusted.
Its only a few days off from the original date doctors don't like to change it unless its a week or more.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.