Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

for csection moms

Are there any ladies out there who has had a csection and is breastfeeding successfully?

How long did it take for your milk to come in...Was it hard to get baby to latch on? Any advice or feedback is welcomed!
I had a cesarean and it took 3 hours after birth for my milk to come. I have been successful breastfeeding ever since.
I had a c section mine didnt come in for a week but everyones different.
I had a c section in 2011. I honestly have no clue when my milk came in. The first month was horrible and full of tears but we made it through and nursed for just over a year.
I was told that it takes about 9 days to come in from breastfeeding class...I had a csection in 2009 and had a horrible experience with breastfeeding. Was just wondering what experiences other moms have gone through. I really want to breastfeed immediately after csection...scared if I have to give her a bottle she will not want the breast once my milk does come in.
I had a cesarean in 2011 and milk came in after about 3 days. Normally takes 2-5 days. Before that baby drinks colostrum first milk.
Took me 2 days before that nothing at all was coming through so had to use formula till then n now he's a o used to bottle he refuses to latch on so i have to use the breast pump which is fine but i am gutted 9 days on n he is still totally refusing
I wonder... If having a emergency c section makes milk come in different because your already in labor... Verses a planned c section.... I know my milk with the emergency c section came in right away.... But I'm having a planned one now and this convo makes me wonder....
Hmmm good point ShanaPlus2. I'm in the exact same boat as you.
My first pregnancy was an emergency csection and my second was a planned csection. I never reached labor for either. My milk came in a few hours after delivery. I remember my first time I was hysterical. I cried and was freaking out. Not used to my breasts being so large and tender,etc. Good luck.
Took a few days to get my milk to come in and bub didnt latch properly for almost the first entire week but we persevered and he was breastfed till he was 15 months :) just stick with it bub is only just learning to :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.