garlic for yeast infections

Has anyone else used garlic for yeast infections? I found it as a natural home remedy as well as yogurt and I have no doctor till Monday.  Any advice for me? Or comforting comments would be helpful
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know yogurt is a popular remedy for the lactobacillus culture in it, but coming from someone who studies microbiology, I would not recommend putting yogurt down there. Most yogurt that buy has some sort of sugar in it that will only feed the yeast. You can get the same lactobacillus from a pro biotic if you are that in need of something.  But my advice is that there's something else causing that issue to occur, and you need to figure out what is it is. It's usually a chemical or something along with the increase in glucose your body producys from being pregant. (Sugar). Switch to fragrant free detergent, make sure you're not using soaps down there (just water), no bubble baths or conditioning your hair in your bath water,  wear loose cotten panties and go comando around the house when possible to create a more dry environment down there. Yeast like wet, moist enivonments. Your dr. Can and should also prescient you and anti fungal pill (usually 2) to take as well in combination.  Yeast is hard to get rid of so sometimes it will take a few times til it finally goes away... in combination with preventing it from coming back again by making sure your ph down there stays normal.
Helpful - 0
I've never heard of garlic, but I know that you can buy pro biotics from the store like Wal-Mart they are 6 or so dollars. Eat yogurts as well but stick to regular yogurts. Good luck! Hon.
Helpful - 0
I heard garlic works also vinegar
Helpful - 0
I use lavender oil with unscented lotion the lavender oil is anti fungal and antibacterial
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.