Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

glucose test

Hey ladies..ok so im on my 4th pregnancy and due to have a glucose test in a few week..told its goin to take 2 to 3 hours! I have never had one before on previous pregnancies but i have heard it makes you feel awful sick afterwards..is this true? And what exactly does it involve? What was your experience of it like?Thanks in advance
I just had mine done and it only was 1hr. I got a little dizzy but, not horribly sick. Still waiting for the results. Good luck!
I had mine for an hour long and got really dizzy during the process but I was allowed to sip on some water while waiting and felt fine afterwards.
I just took the 1 hr and blew it! Now I have to take the 3 hr! Ugh, holidays! Too many good sweets!
They will draw some blood, like a normal
Blood test. Then you'll have to drink a sort of juice, which is a glucose solution. Then you'll have to wait for an hour and they'll draw blood again.  And that's it.
I have had it on all four.... there is a 3 hour one....you fast the night before then the next morning they take a blood sample then give you a glucose drink then an hour later they take another blood sample then an hour after that they take the last blood sample....it checks the different levels of sugar in your blood.
I wasnt sick on any of them....just starving afterwards
Walking a little while you wait will help you pass the test. Don't just sit there the whole time, take a 5 min brisk walk at least to get things pumping
I took mine yesterday, it was only about an hour. I was told not to eat anything I took the test, he checked the heartbeat, measured my belly, weighed me, and then took a blood sample! I was really thirsty and a little nauseous afterwards but felt fine
Thank you ladies
I did the 3 hour test. Its not much different then the 1 hour test. But as you have to fast before hand I felt dizzy after it was over. Bring some protient snack like cheese or something for afterward.  
How many weeks are u when you have a glucose test?
Odd that you haven't had one done before,  it's usually done in your 3rd trimester with every pregnancy.  They are usually only hour but if you fail that one they will have you do a second one that is about 2-3 hours.  
Im sorry if my question may seem a bit rediculous but failing a glucose test means you have too much sugar in your blood? If so would this be the test that test for gestational diabetes?? A bit confused...
Yes it is the diabetes test. I just got a call the other day saying I fail my one hour test, my sixth test and the first one I failed. Now I go in Friday for a three hour test. ***** I am very busy with lots of kids and bed rest and I just don't wanna do it, that drink is gross (like a flat fruit soda).
Ew :[[
I did the one hr and the 3 hrs I didn't get sick both time but the 3 hrs is suck cuz every time you get blood drawing four times n that's hard part n the 3 hrs one is Lil bit sweeter then one hr. . Good luck
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.